Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just One Of Those Days

You know, I think I can count on one hand, where I've had a day, where just everything didn't seem to add up to what I wanted in life. Where I thought, man...this is a hard life, why the hell do I have to go through it all the time? Well yesterday was definitely one of those days. I can't think of the reason why either, because it's not that I don't have any good news in my life, cause I have an abundance of good news, it's just one of those days I think.

I think in our lives, no matter what we do, how much faith we have will always have...one of those days. I can't even call it a bad day (even though, getting pulled over for absolutely nothing like I did last night, (no ticket or warning issued, because the cop made a mistake) didn't help me any. I think yesterday I just need to blow off some steam, and I had already worked out, so I couldn't do that again...well I could, but I would advise not doing two work outs in one day, could lead to bad stuff.

I think my friend Courtney from work said it right. I think God gives us these days to let us know that we have friends that care an abundance about you. I know I am blessed to have many many many great friends. I don't think I would be here today if not for many of them.

I like to use movies to figure things out, so I popped in Angels in the Outfield (the one with Danny Glover, Tony Danza, and Joseph Gordon Hewitt, and I always get touched at the line, "you can call it angels, you can call it faith, you can call it whatever you like" and I also get touched by the line, "you can't go through life, thinking everyone you meet will one day let you down".
I use to have this kind of thinking (the latter), that people would just let me down. I don't know why. For a while there I was completely and totally lost.

I try not to think that anyway anymore, but every now and then I get slammed back down, but like I said before I am lucky enough to have some really good friends to help me back up and dust me off, so I can go on my way again.
Never underestimate the value of friendship and love. You'll never know how handy that it will be. Tomorrow I get to meet my newest family member, my best friends new kiddo Joseph Matthew. I can't wait! I've only gotten to see him behind the incubator and pictures, so to truly hold a miracle of God, it will be one of my greatest moments. Then next weekend, I get to pick up my new puppy! I am so excited. It seems like these two weeks are going to drag by! So I need to make sure I pick up some puppy chow, some chew toys, a leash and collar, and set an appointment to get his shots taken care of. I am very excited!

Well I thought I would finish this up I hope that you all have a blessed week and weekend.

With Gods Love

The Big Guy

No comments: